You might have heard about sola wood flowers. Hence, you are excited about buying it. Who would not? The classic look, the purposes, and the appeal of this flower can captivate anyone’s attention.
This type of flower is said to last for a long time, or even forever. But, just like anything, if you fail to care for it right, there is a big chance it will get destroyed a lot sooner than you expect.
If you are clueless about how to care for flowers made of sola wood properly, this article is best for you to read.
Yes, it can last forever but with proper care. Remember, the flower is still organic; hence, when it is exposed to direct heat or moisture, it will go wrong. Storing it properly is a must if you want to enjoy its long-lasting beauty.
Here are a few storage tips to consider:
- Keep it in a breathable container that can encourage good airflow. Using muslin or mesh bags is a good idea. Using this type of container can prevent squishing and molds from happening.
- Put silica gel in the container where you plan to store It is also a good idea, as the gel can keep the moisture away from the flowers while being stored. Put the container in a dry, cool area in the house.
- If you are planning to dye it, make sure it is all dried up before storing it.
- Do not squeeze in too many flowers in one container, as this may cause the flowers to get squished.
Scenting, painting, and handling
You must gently handle the flowers made of sola wood; remember that as sola flowers get wet, they become more delicate and breakable.
The flowers should be placed in a breathable container and away from squishing during transit. Keep them in a space where they are safe from falling.
Moving on, here are a few tips to consider when painting and scenting your flowers:
- Make sure to add sola softener to the color mixture to ensure the quality and texture of the flower will be maintained
- A few seconds of a dip in the color mixture is just enough; soaking the flower will just make it brittle
- Shake off excess paint from your sola flowers
- Avoid brush strokes as the flower’s petals might get torn if you plan to use your hands to paint the flowers.
- Buy painting materials from the shop where you buy the flowers to ensure the painting materials you are using are safe for the flowers.
Yes, the agreement is that the flowers made of wood should last forever, but if you do not take care of them properly, there is a chance that they will go bad sooner than a fresh flower.
Following the tips above can help you get the maximum lifespan of a flower made of sola wood.