Time waits for no one and as we move into November, our thoughts begin to focus on the coming festive season that we all love. Christmas is a time of giving, a time for being grateful for what we have and it’s also a time for decorating the home to make it really feel special. We don’t have the snow here in Australia, but we do have sun and the chance to be outdoors, which, for many, is much preferred.
Regarding Christmas décor at home, here are a few things to include:
- Christmas tree – Of course, a Christmas tree (pine is fine) with all the decorations is an absolute must! If needs must, an artificial tree is fine (no pine needles to clear up), a few strands of LED lights, some chocolate and, of course, a fairy on the top. Most families prefer an artificial tree for obvious reasons and it isn’t very eco-friendly to cut down a young and healthy pine tree.
- Elf on a shelf – Enter most Australian homes and you’ll find an elf on a shelf. This online supplier has everything you need to turn your home into a Christmas Grotto! Elf Christmas cards are a great way to wish all your friends seasonal greetings. Check out Christmas Elves for everything you need to make your home a Christmas haven!
- Wreaths – At least one colourful wreath on the front door brings a festive cheer to any home.
- Hanging baubles – Blue, green, gold and silver, you can even have tiny bells that jingle in a soft breeze.
- Tinsel – Strips of tinsel can be hung all over the tree, around window and door frames, make a list and shop online at Christmas Elves, Australia’s leading Christmas-related products site, including trees. Get everything you need in a single shop and with free delivery, you have your Christmas decorations for next year and the year after that.
- Christmas stockings – Red and white with silver stars, you can put one over the fireplace and one at the foot of the kids’ beds (don’t forget to fill them with sweets).
- Toy Santas – If you have kids, add one to each stocking, Christmas Elves has you covered when it comes to Christmas decorations. How about a big Santa inflatable, which you can take to the beach?
- Candles & Christmas scents – Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without candles, and scented candles are perfect for creating a Christmas ambience. Sandalwood is ideal for this time of year, incense sticks are a great idea too.
- Christmas crackers – Christmas dinner demands crackers and you can find a range of fun crackers at an online store. When the turkey arrives at the table, this is the time to turn to the person on your right and invite them to pull the cracker. Everyone wears hats and shows off their trinket and let’s not forget the little proverb or joke, don’t forget to read it out. A box of 12 is all you need, which gives Boxing Day dinner an added touch of festive cheer.
We hope your Christmas is a special time and by decorating your home, you are entering into the spirit of this festive season.